From attending school every day this week, including the first half of today, to a full hour and a half at church this past Sunday. She even came to Seminary on Monday morning. She tried again on Wednesday morning, but didn't make it.
By the way, for those who may not know, I teach Seminary (daily Sunday School, if you will) at a church building across the street from her high school every weekday morning at 6 am. SIX AM!!
It's difficult enough for me, let alone a teenager. Let alone a teenager enduring chemotherapy treatments. But, of her own accord, she chose to go.
Nicki and I are not pushing anything with her - school or church - because we don't know how she is going to feel at that moment. And she has been making decisions that impress and, like I said, make me proud.
Hey, she's not perfect. I am not saying that. And she definitely has her moments when she, um, expresses her displeasure with the circumstances.
I haven't seen her yet today, but I can't imagine she is less apprehensive about how tonight is going to go than I am. After last week, knowing what is ahead cannot be easy. The doctors gave some additional prescriptions that are meant to help with the pain. We will see how it works tonight.
We have some questions about some side effects we have noted this past week and hope to get some good insight.
So many continue to help our family in meaningful ways each day. It's amazing. From cleaning a bathroom, to taking a load of laundry, to picking up prescriptions, to providing a meal. The smallest things really make such a huge difference.
Now, if we could just find someone to take the dogs...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.