Monday, August 10, 2015

Good News!!

She gets to start chemo again tomorrow!!!

I find it a little odd that we are glad that she is healing well enough from her surgery that she can continue chemotherapy. I guess if you break it down, it means that her body is fighting strong enough to heal on schedule from a major surgery.  Plus, you don't see this, yet, but her hair is starting to grow back.

Instead of a couple of patches of prickly stubble, she has very short, fine tufts of hair. Of course, that will only be for the next week or so until the chemo takes care of that.

As a reminder, she no longer has to do the in-patient treatments. Tomorrow will be 2 pushes. Then each week, as before, is the vincristine push. Most likely, after tomorrow, we will do the rest of the treatments here in Las Vegas.

Also, a change from what I had previously let you know about, is that she will be coming home this weekend. They are putting off the radiation until after school starts because the doctors wanted her to be able to be here for her first week or two of school.

Based on our current understanding of the timing of things, she will have chemo for the next 4 weeks (maybe 5), then she will go up to Primary Children's for her radiation treatments for a week, with no chemo that week.  Then she will continue her last 6 (or maybe 5) chemo treatments.

So, the number is getting smaller, which is nice. I just want it to be zero. Zero for now and zero forever.

It was good to be up there this weekend and last weekend. Last weekend, as Cassidy and I stopped briefly in St. George on our way home, my father-in-law asked if we planned to go up next weekend (this past weekend). Of course, I said yes. Then he offered to buy us plane tickets using points he has racked up over the years.

I'm sure it was from just because I was tired from driving the past 4 hours or so, with the prospect of another 2 ahead of me, but there may have been tears welling up in my eyes. I can neither confirm nor deny such a phenomenon. But, my thanks to Nicki's parents for making this past weekend's trip a little (by a little, I mean a whole lot) easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.