Friday, June 19, 2015

Magic? Or Just Family?

You decide.  It's probably some mixture of both, though.
One of the first rides of the first day, she was ready to enjoy some spinning.
These next few were later that night watching the new Main Street Electrical Parade.  It was just the right mix of the classic with some fantastic updating.  And you can see that Matti enjoyed it from her royal chariot.




This is only here because it's my favorite decoration at Radiator Springs.

Waiting to see our favorite princess who swims under the sea.

This scene also brought a smile to her face as we waited for World of Color - Celebrate! (It was good, actually.)
 .
She loves King Arthur's Carousel.  Note, in the background, that Cassidy does not.
 Her favorite place to sit for Big Thunder Mountain is in the last row of the last car.  You can see the family was able to dominate the second half of the train, with Matti in her favorite place back there.




I have pictures from the beach, too, but they are on the camera and not my phone.  Who uses cameras anymore?  I do, I guess.  I didn't want to get my phone out at the beach.  Figure out the logic.

Alas, Monday was all real again.  She had the start of a round in SLC.  By now, a pro.  It's not that it is easy, but we know what to expect, with the hope she won't be encountering anything new.

They kept her medicated properly so she wasn't more uncomfortable than usual or she needed to be.  And on Thursday night, she and Nicki were flying home.

Only not.  The flight was delayed, they found after they dropped off the car and went to check in.  They wouldn't be able to get on another flight until that one arrived well after midnight.  Nicki explained to them why that was not acceptable and they scheduled them on one of the first flights in the morning.  They went back to Grandma's house to sleep comfortably.

There are some additional developments that we are having to discuss, think on and pray about.  Matti, especially.  It's an interesting place to be having my daughter be in a position to have input into her medical treatment.  We are so used to making all the decisions, but, while she is still a child, she is old enough to be involved in those decisions.

Don't get me wrong, the prognosis is still very positive, it's just some choices about the treatment path from here.

We appreciate your prayers, your thoughts, your desires to help.  Please don't stop.  As things come up, those of you who are in the right place at the right time will be called on for your help.  And words cannot do justice to the gratitude we feel for you when you do.

Matti has had some awesome young women do some really great things for her.  Here's one example: Shoes.  The friend didn't ask.  She decorates these shoes and sells them and decided to do this on her own.  (Disclaimer:  I am not doing this soliciting sales, just sharing the sweet gesture.  I hope that is clear.  I had second thoughts after I started to type this, but I am going to leave it, anyway, second thoughts or no.)

Matti is home now and ready to rest for the weekend before her next chemo push on Monday here in town.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.